The Nevada State Museum in Carson City is now open.
The Nevada State Museum in Carson City is now open. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Nevada State Museums you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. By purchasing a ticket and/or entering the property and facilities, you agree to abide by all posted instructions and COVID-19 safety protocols. See below for more information about our safety measures.
MUSEUM and STORE HOURS
Wednesday-Saturday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Closed Sundays, Mondays & Tuesdays
Holidays Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Coin Press will be operating Saturdays, 11:00am-3:00pm.
Museum Store will open July 1.
Here’s what we ask of our patrons:
- Social distancing and masks required.
- Debit or credit card payment only for admissions and for store sales.
- Groups larger than 10 are not allowed unless pre-arranged.
- For information on arranging tours for larger groups, contact Museum Education at 775 687 4810 ext. 237.
Here’s what to expect for a safe and healthy museum visit:
- Staff, volunteers and visitors to wear masks, at all times, inside the museum facility.
- Museums are ADA accessible.
- No food allowed, except bottled water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Family group up to 10 persons is allowed, and the group must stay together.
- Expect delays if the museum is busy and the flow of visitors is controlled so as not to exceed capacity and to insure safe distancing.
- Follow the directional arrows and signage through the museum.
- Touchable surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.